Offering sustainable promo products is easy, but can you talk the talk? When discussing more eco-friendly product options with clients for their next giveaway or gift, it’s important to come prepared with the knowledge to answer any questions that may come up. Use this guide to talk with eco-conscious customers that care about being less wasteful.
Types Of Sustainable Promo Products
When it comes to sustainable apparel there are a whole range of keywords that may come up and it’s important to know the difference and be able to explain it to your customer.
- Organic:Clothing made from materials raised in or grown in compliance with organic agricultural standards.
- Better Cotton Initiative (BCI): A global not-for-profit organization and the largest cotton sustainability program in the world. BCI exists to make global cotton production better for the people who produce it, better for the environment it grows in and better for the future.
- Recycled Polyester:This is polyester fiber made from recycled content, most often plastic bottles.
There are a few categories of hard good products that will match the views of eco-friendly consumers.
- Reusable: These types of products can be used over and over again, and are often replacing items that are usually single-use plastic. These are things like tote bags, water bottles or metal/plastic straws.
- Sustainable: Products are more sustainable when they are created using a resource that isn’t being depleted or permanently damaged. This includes products made from plastic water bottles or bamboo. (Bamboo is considered sustainable because it is fast-growing, requires no fertilizer and self-regenerates from its own roots, which means it doesn't need to be replanted.)
- Recyclable: Sometimes the product itself is recyclable, which means that when the consumer is done using it, it can be repurposed into something else. This could be something like a pen with a paper or wood barrel instead of a plastic one. An item made from organic material has a greater potential to be reused or recycled.
Another way to connect with eco-conscious clients is by pairing them up with suppliers and brands that share their vision. There are a variety of promo product suppliers that are dedicated to creating their products as sustainably as possible throughout their supply chain, which provides another way for you to appeal to your customers’ needs.
These are just a few examples of how you can communicate with eco-conscious clients who need promo product recommendations. If you need more support like this in your everyday business, partner with the promo experts at AIA. Our team can help you find the right suppliers to work with, give back office support, provide impactful marketing materials and more!