An Open Letter to Our Future Community: Shop Local
It’s no secret that the circumstances of our current reality are less than ideal (to put it lightly); however, it’s been heartwarming to hear stories of communities coming together and rallying around their local small businesses. It seems that the worst of situations tends to bring out the best in people.
Social media news feeds are full of stories of people ordering takeout from their local restaurants, placing porch delivery orders with their local florists, and purchasing bulk baked goods from their local bakery to deliver to essential workers.
My hope is that we carry on this enthusiasm for shopping local long after quarantine orders lift. Let’s all make it a priority to carry this camaraderie and togetherness into our post-pandemic world.
Five Reasons To Support Local Businesses During And After A Pandemic
Talking promotional products specifically, placing orders through your local distributor is so important, now more than ever. Need a few reasons why? Here are five reasons to shop your local promotional products distributor:
- You’re supporting your community members. By shopping local, you’re helping your neighbor buy groceries, pay a mortgage, and send their kids to college (among many other things).
- You’re keeping money in YOUR community. Local business owners often purchase from other local businesses.
- You’ll receive better customer service. Your local distributors are real people and real members of your community — positive relationships are important to them.
- Your local promotional products distributors are well-informed about their community and neighborhood. They’ll be able to suggest more relevant products and they’ll be more likely to understand your needs as a marketing spend purchaser.
- Local distributors provide value by being a one stop shop; you’ll spend less time surfing the internet searching for solutions, because your distributor will be able to recommend products for all of your needs.
As we get through this and life begins to return to normal, it’s my hope that we continue to support our neighbors and local businesses. Now is our chance to redefine “normal” and put shopping small and local at the top of our priority lists. When you’re ready to place an order for promotional products, bypass those big corporations and consider ordering through your local distributor.